Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My Go-To Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe






So here it is everyone! The first recipe that I'm going to share!

I chose to share this particular one because it is very special to me. This recipe was the first and only one I've ever tried for baking chocolate chip cookies. I bought the cookbook that I used for this back when I was in the 8th grade. So believe me, this recipe is tried and true! Just ask my grandmother, Nestley Toulouse...LOL. No seriously, this is the Nestle Toll House recipe, just slightly tweaked


image source: tumblr


Ingredients

1/4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips 
or chopped dark chocolate chunks


Method

1. Preheat the oven to 180°C
2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl
3. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until creamy
4. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
6. Fold in chocolate chips.
7. Line baking sheets with parchment paper 
8. Use a spoon to scoop out dough and roll into a rounded ball.Place them at least an inch apart
9. Bake for 9 or 11 minutes or until golden brown. (I like to bake them for 11 minutes max.)
10. Let stand for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes 15-18 cookies

Happy Baking!


No comments:

Post a Comment