Friday, July 26, 2013

Shake Shack - Awww YEAH!



   Shake Shack. Oh Shake Shack. I don't need to go into details here. I'm sure the masses are familiar with the deliciousness that hit our shores recently. Shake Shack is one of those places that one would look forward to visiting at the end of a long working week. It's the go to treat land for my taste buds and naughty nutritious (or lack thereof) conscience. That burger. Those hot dogs. Those shakes! But before I sing their praises any further I have to put forth some qualms I have regarding some of my experiences at said establishment. 

1. In one of my earlier visits to the MoE branch of SS in Dubai I ordered a Chicken Dog with sauerkraut. To my absolute delight it was everything I had hoped for in a chicken hot dog. The "dog" itself is my favorite. So juicy and so flavorful. Split down the middle and perfectly seared on a flat top. With the random combination of apple and sage, it is truly the most well-rounded, robust, and dare I say elegant type of "dog" I've ever come across. It was like a piece of New York migrated east. I loved it!

2. Naturally during my next visit, I order said "dog". To my dismay there was no more sauerkraut. "What?!", I asked the clueless staff. "What do you mean no sauerkraut?..."         "I don't know what that is", she said. I proceeded to explain. But even before I started to I knew there would be no more sauerkraut. Not now. Not ever. I thought to myself, maybe the Arabian market wasn't so receptive to pickled cabbage. Oh well, as long as I still got my chicken dog, everything was going to be alright.

3. Fast forward to a few visits later. I walk up to the counter, eagerly awaiting my next chicken dog. "I'm so sorry ma'am. But we don't have that on the menu anymore..." This was what I felt like at the time...

                        


Oh the insolence! Oh the utter dismay! My secret elegant order has disappeared! ForeverNevertheless, the beef hot dog is still there. Wake up people! Shake Shack started out by selling hot dogs on a cart in Madison Square Park! Its what they do BEST! Ugh...I'm so over this.

Moving on.

My favorite milkshake: Strawberry

My favorite burger: Shack Burger (no tomato)

The fries are alright...I guess.

I don't have a favorite custard "concrete", (which is their way of saying freaking ICE CREAM) because they are inconsistent. Sometimes they're great, other times they're not worth the calories. And if it's one thing I downright despise it's inconsistency at restaurants. Let alone franchises! One cool thing about this dessert is there is a customized one for every branch/location. 

BUT! I can not deny that Shake Shack serves up a mean burger. One that has amassed an innumerable amount of fans. So whatever I say won't matter. Because no one understands the loss of that wonderful and delicious chicken dog! (They still serve it stateside! So I may be reunited with my favorite item on the menu again!)

**Note: I have their hot dogs plain. No mustard. No ketchup. It's that good on its own.

Locations worldwide: USA, UK, Turkey, UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, (and hopefully Bahrain...we are waiting AlShaya! It's inevitable!)









Pictured: Shack-cago dog
Black and White Milkshake



RIP Chicken Dog with Sauerkraut


No comments:

Post a Comment