Monday, January 28, 2013

The Chelsea Quarter Cafe - Oh so Quaint!


   On a quaint corner on King's Road, we found this cafe of wonderment and delight! We literally stopped in our tracks (because the display was so enticing) and I had to explain to my mom that I'm a 'legit' blogger now so I just have to sample a few goodies! Every baked treat you could imagine was on display. Croissants, brownies, granola bars, tarts, and cookies! It was really hard to choose! But I settled on a brownie. It was good...but...well I'll explain later. The savory salad selection was on par. We spotted some tabbouleh, but we'll have to try that next time. The menu looked diverse enough to satisfy all palates. Regular lunchtime classics and easy meals for the Londoner on the go. Plus a little treat or two, so you'd make use of the new Nike trainers you splashed out on for your 'run' through Hyde Park.


 The cafe itself reminded me a lot of Ottolenghi, so initially I thought this was a clone and that I'd find many more following the remarkable rubric set up by Yotam the Brilliant! But upon further research I discovered that this place was set up long before the Ottolenghi craze, back in the belly baring, Alanis Morrisette laden era of 1996. The diners looked like a regular crowd, it didn't feel touristy or gimmicky. These people had just left work and met up for a cuppa with a good friend or sibling. That lady over there is so engrossed in her book that her latte went flat and cold. Yeah, I felt like I was part of this eclectic Chelsea neighborhood. Oh how I wish.











219 King's Road
SW3 5EJ
T: 020 7352 3844

No comments:

Post a Comment